Speed Post is a high-speed postal service provided by India Post. Started in 1986, it offers faster delivery of parcels, letters, cards, documents, and other important stuff. Indian Postal Department started this service in the name of “EMS Speed Post.”
Along with time-bound delivery and excellent coverage, it offers a Status Tracking Service that helps people to know the status of their parcel.
In ancient times, people just had one way to connect with others, i.e. through letters, which took a lot of days to reach the destination. Eventually, the postal service was introduced. It aided the fast delivery of letters. However, with the emergence of the internet and telecommunication, the usage of sending letters through posts has decreased manifold. People now can connect with each other in seconds.
But, even with the emergence of technology, people still use postal services to send and receive essential documents such as commercial papers, documents, and more. However, with the introduction of courier aggregators such as On point the entire scenario of speed post and couriers have changed. The goods and documents are delivered much more quickly.
Let us have a look at some of its features:
- Provides express and time-bound deliveries up to 35 kgs all over India.
- Widest network coverage across the country @ INR 15.00 for consignments up to 50 grams.
- Insurance of consignments up to INR 1 lakh.
- Provides up-to-date delivery information on SMS.
- Free pick-up service for corporate or bulk customers.
- No upfront payment required
- Volume-based discounts for corporates and bulk orders
- Cash on delivery service for eCommerce and online sellers.
- Provides compensation in cases of delay, loss of article, pilferage or damage – Double the Speed Post charges or INR 1000 whichever is less.
The Bottom Line
Speed post courier service is undeniably persistent with its market share. But, in today’s competitive times when every other day an eCommerce website or online store comes up, it is difficult to be consistent in delivering CX. As an eCommerce seller, you need to be well prepared for the unforeseen circumstances. To keep delivery mishaps at bay, it is recommended that you use a courier aggregator.
The courier aggregators help you to deliver seamlessly on time and reduce your shipping costs by providing various courier options at your convenience. The courier options are provided with the help of the Courier Recommendation Engine (CORE) after keeping the key metrics in mind.
Want to know more about courier aggregators or Onpoint? Let us know in the comments sections and we’ll be there to help you, happily!